What is ?
LINK+ is a combined catalog of over 5 million unique books from participating libraries throughout California and UNR.
Users from member libraries electronically request an item not available in their own library and it is delivered to them for check out:
- Items usually arrive within 4 days
- The loan period is 21 days with one 2 week renewal only
- Users may have 15 LINK+ transactions at any one time
- There is no charge to request or borrow LINK+ materials.
How does it work?
- Click the button in the UNR Libraries’ catalog for a book or topic that you don’t find.
- Choose UNR from the institutions list.
- Type your name and library barcode number (found on the back of your UNR ID) at the prompts and click Submit.
- The book will be sent from the owning library if it’s listed
in Link+ as "available." You can also search the Link+ Catalog.
How are Link+ books checked out?
Just like UNR books. Check out and return the Link+ books at
the library services desk in the Knowledge Center when you are notified via your UNR
e-mail account they have arrived.
They will be held for you up to 10 days. You must be a UNR student, staff
member, or faculty
to use the Link+ system.
For more information, see Link+ FAQ.
For questions about the Link+ system, contact the Reference Desk at 682-5657
For questions about requests that you made, contact the Circulation Desk at 682-5625