Off-campus Access to Licensed Services
Services and materials requiring authentication for off-campus access include:
- Web-accessible articles that your instructor has placed on Course Reserve;
- UNR Libraries' licensed article indexes, e-journals, or e-books;
- Journal articles that are linked from your WebCampus courses.
1. Ensure Your NetID Is Active
Currently enrolled UNR students, faculty or staff members are eligible for off-campus access to licensed resources. Your UNR NetID (or School of Medicine "MedID") is required for identification. The only exception is UNSOM adjunct faculty, who use their library barcode.
UNR users must activate their NetID once. You do
not need to activate it again for off-campus access.
If you have never activated your NetID or can't remember if you did, or if you have forgotten your password, please visit the NetID Management page.
For all other questions regarding NetID, please contact the IT Help Desk at (775) 682-5000.
2. Click a Link to One of Our Licensed Resources
You have a number of options for accessing licensed resources. A few examples follow.
- Databases, A to Z (any database not explicitly marked as "open access")
- Electronic Journals, Home
- Subject Guides
3. Log in with Your NetID Username and Password
You will be prompted to type your NetID Username and NetID Password the first time you click a link to a licensed Library resource in your current browser session.
Depending upon the resource, you might see one of two authorization locations:
- Library Catalog (shown above) - innopac.library.unr.edu
- Central Authentication Service - idp.unr.edu
- This is primarily used for some e-books
Frequently Asked Questions
For the particulars of authentication and information not discussed on this page, please see the Frequently Asked Questions. If the answer to your question is not there, please see the Contact Us section below.
Medical School Affiliates
For questions about library cards or accessing electronic resources, please call the following numbers:
- In Reno, call the Savitt Medical Library at (775) 784-4625.
- In Las Vegas call Technical Support at (702) 671-5122.
- For most questions about off-campus access, call the Research & Computing Desk at (775) 682-5657 or take advantage of one of our Ask a Librarian contact options.
- For technical support regarding your NetID, call the IT Help Desk at (775) 682-5000.
- For questions about your library card, call the Library Services Desk at (775) 682-5625.