Public Service Desks
For a list of department contacts (e-mail addresses, phone numbers, personnel), please see our Staff pages.
Library & Research Services Desk
The Library & Research Services Desk is located at the rear of the 2nd floor atrium. This service point encompasses a variety of public service functions within the Knowledge Center, with specialized staff from both the Library Services department and the Reseach Services department:
- Borrowing (Circulation). This includes:
- Copying, faxing, and printing services. Faxing is conducted at the Library Services Desk. Copy/print cards can be purchased by non-UNR users.
- Locker rental. A free service available to all students on a first come, first served basis. Lockers are on the first floor of the Knowledge Center.
- Assistance searching UNR Libraries' online catalog.
- Understanding how to navigate the Libraries' web site.
- How to select the most relevant database(s) for your research project.
- Identifying relevant information resources.
- Guidance in locating resources in the UNR Libraries and elsewhere.
- Developing efficient research strategies.
To request assistance from research services staff or to avail yourself of the many research tools compiled by the library staff, please visit the Get Help/Ask a Librarian page.
Computing Help Desk
The Computing Help Desk is located on the south/right side of the atrium on the 2nd floor of the Knowledge Center. Desk staff can assist you with the following tasks:
- NetID password changes.
- Help connecting to campus resources (network, email, storage, web, etc.).
- Email assistance.
- WebCampus assistance.
- Laptop wireless setups.
- Scheduling service for University owned equipment.
- Finding computing resources on campus (labs, training, licensed software, approved vendors for purchasing, etc.).
For more information about IT services, please visit the IT home page.
The @One desk in the middle of the 1st floor is the first point of inquiry regarding the central @One area, TLT equipment check-out, Dynamic Media Lab, Multimedia Center, and DataWorks Lab. In addition to providing assistance on @One computers and software, @One staff assist with poster printing, laminating, scanning, and binding.
For more information about @One services, please visit the @One home page.
All DVDs and CDs check out at the multimedia center at the rear of the 1st floor. That applies as well to multimedia course reserve items and items in the Popular DVD collection. Multimedia Center staff also handle the processing of payments on the @One level, primarily for poster printing services.
For more information about Multimedia Center services, please visit the Multimedia home page.
Located within the Special Collections suite just at the top of the stairs on the Knowledge Center's 3rd floor, the staff at the Special Collections desk are able to assist you with navigating their non-circulating collection of books (largely, Nevada and the Great Basin, Book Arts, and rare books), manuscripts, architectural records, and over 200,000 photographs documenting life in Nevada from the 1860s to the present.
For more information about Special Collections services, please visit the Special Collections home page.
Teaching & Learning Technologies Classroom Services
Located in Room 113 at the very back of the @One level of the Knowledge Center, the classroom services staff handle training and check out for the library's extensive catalog of a/v equipment, including video cameras and accessories, audio tools, and lighting equipment.
For a thorough list of audiovisual equipment available for check-out through Classroom Services, please visit the A/V Equipment home page.