Selected Web Resources for Library Science and Information Technology
- American Library Association
- List of ALA-Accredited
Library and Information Science Master's Programs
- Current status of master's degree programs in library and information
science accredited by the American Library Association for those interested
in pursuing a career in the field of library and information technology.
- Libraries: A Selected List
- Directory of libraries in Nevada and neighboring states, major libraries, federal libraries, and library directories.
- Book Arts (Art
414; Formerly Art/Library Science 483)
- A UNR credit course about the creation of books and book-related objects.
Studio processes may include letterpress printing, typography, bookbinding,
calligraphy, papermaking, and traditional hand printmaking techniques.
to Image Digitization
- Library and Information Science News
- A site devoted to current topics and news in the world of library and
information technology, created and maintained by librarians.
- Computer Crime and Intellectual
- A site sponsored by the U.S. Justice Department addressing issues about
free speech, privacy, intellectual property rights, and governmental policies.
- Professional Library Resources
- Organizations, publications, and discussion lists that are of interest to library professionals and staff.
- DOAJ: Directory of Open-Access Journals: Library and Information Science
- Links to 60 free online journals and 1 bibliographic journal.
- Nevada Library
Directory and Statistics
- The Directory and other documents are in PDF format. Maintained by the Nevada State Library and Archives.
- The Researching Librarian
- A site to support librarians conducting research, providing links to resources
for statistics and statistical methods, funding information, and more.
- Directory of publishers and vendors and other web resources of interest to librarians and other professionals involved in acquisitions and collection
- Librarian's Yellow Pages